Saturday, June 28, 2008

Where the Sidewalk Ends


Today I was in my bedroom on my Comfort Island. Comfort Island is when you take everything soft and cozy except your actual bed and pile it all up and read or take a nap. Comfort Island is really great if you also have a brownie. Friends, why don't you try it? It's real easy.

Anyway, I was reading Shel Silverstein by myself. I read and read, and I loved it. Most of his poems are really funny. The pictures are great and make the poems even funnier. If you've never read it, why don't you try it? It's real easy and really funny. If you read it, why don't you tell me if you liked it or not?






3 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Sloane! What a cool idea to make a comfort island!! I'll have to tell my son Noah about it...do you think it will make him read more? Keep on reading!! xxoo, Dawn

Laura said...

Dear Sloane,

I really love your blog! It is about everything I love...words, books, family, and especially places like Comfort Island! What a great idea!

I will bookmark your blog and be sure that I come back to visit.

There is another author that writes funny poems too, his name is Jack Prelutsky. Maybe you can look at his books in the library to see if you would like them.

Have a weekend full of fun and books!

love,
laura

tangobaby said...

Hi Sloane,

It looks to me here like you are reading Where the Sidewalk Ends, a very good choice of reading!

Shel Silverstein wrote many books, including The Giving Tree, which is my favorite of his books.

I agree that being cozy with a sweet treat AND a book is a wonderful combination. I had not thought of brownies but I will next time. (I usually like Junior Mints or ice cream!)

Enjoy your reading. You will never get too old to like Shel Silverstein.